- Maxaan ku doortaa CITY STAY?
- Yaa buuxin kara ama codsan kara?
- Host Family Experience
- Information for Applicants
Maxaan ku doortaa CITY STAY?
City Stay waxay bulshooyinka Laatinka iyo Soomaalida siiynaysaa fursad ay:
- Kula wadaagaan dhaqan kooda arday u ooman oo xiisaynaysa;
- Dhisaan isbarasho macquul ah oo arday dhaqan kale ka soo jeeda ay isbaranayaan;
- Sameeyaan barashooyin cusub oo ah bulshadooda dhexdeeda;
- Helaan abaal marin dhan 595 oo dollar oo loogu talo galay guriga, cuntada, iyo dhaqaalaynta ay ardayga dhaqaalaynayaan;
- Bartaan dhaqan cusub koodana ogaadaan sida dadka kale u arkaan;
- Qayb ka noqdaan is fahamka iyo is dhex galka bulshooyinka dega magaalooyiinka mataanaha oo sii kordhaysa.
Yaa buuxin kara ama codsan kara?
City Stay Waxay raadinaysaa qoysas Somali iyo Latin ah oo:
- Raba inay gurigooda ku martiqaadaan arday dugsi sare dhigta wakhti dhan afar isbuuc;
- Raba inay qofkale la wadaagaan dhaqankooda iyo luuqaddooda;
- Hayaan rug ama meel ardaygay martiqaadaan ka heli karo sariir ama joodari u gaara.
- Dulqaad leh, dhaqamada kalena xushmeeya.
City Stay waxay marti qaadaysaa xubnaha bulshooyinka ee buuxinaya shuruudahan inay buuxiyaan. Waxaa kale oo City Stay ku soo dhawaynaysaa shakhsiyaadka aan lahayn xaas ama ciyaal inay buuxiyaan. Buuxiyayaashu waa inay ugu yaraan 25 jiraan. Ammaanka dartii, qoysaska deggen xaafadaha danbiyadda badan ma buuxinayaan shuruudaha.
Host Family Experience
Host families’ living rooms and kitchens are arguably the most important classrooms at City Stay. By opening up your home to an eager participant, you immerse the student in your language and culture. As you live your daily life, you educate your guest participant. Without your hospitality, City Stay cannot fulfill its mission to provide experiential education that breaks down barriers and sparks unlikely connections between the diverse cultural communities of the Twin Cities.
Participants will be involved in City Stay classes and activities on the weekdays, but will be free to engage with your family on nights and the weekend. Families will be expected to integrate participants into their daily routine. This could mean cooking or eating meals together, cleaning or shopping together, or attending family gatherings or community events. Each family will receive a stipend to cover food and boarding costs. In exchange, we expect families to provide three meals a day for the participant and to provide transportation when and if possible. At the start of the program, participants and families will sign a collaborative agreement about expectations and activities.
Participants may or may not have experience speaking your native language. However, we do our best to match families with participants who show similar interests. We also provide an orientation that prepares students to behave respectfully in a new home. Host families work closely with a City Stay advisor who will respond to any concerns. We hope that City Stay hosts will build rewarding and long-lasting relationships with their participants.
Information for Applicants
Click here to apply online now. City Stay accepts host families on a rolling basis, and there is no deadline. We hope that you will participate by hosting a neighbor of a different culture. If you have any questions, please contact the Director of Programming Andrea Breen at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 651.238.7736. We are happy to discuss City Stay with you and provide you with testimony of those who have enjoyed other homestay experiences.